Trying out new recipes for this year’s Super Bowl Sunday…here’s one of the dishes. I LOVE buffalo wings but I thought I’d try a meatless option. I substituted chicken for cauliflower. Soooo good.
Dad loved these which made me so happy. He loves his steak and potatoes, hot dogs, and salami. It’s hard to get to him eat healthy sometimes so I thought I would take a different approach. I let the food speak for itself. This one won him over.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, flowers separated
- ½ cup brown rice flour, organic if possible
- 3 tsp of garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Butter
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Combine brown rice flour, garlic powder and sea salt a mixing bowl. Add the water and mix the batter thoroughly. Take the cauliflower pieces and dip each one in the batter until full coated and place onto baking sheet.
- Spray non-stick spray onto baking pan or add aluminum foil onto baking pan. Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly, then place onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip with tongs or a spatula, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter so that it can mix with the buffalo sauce evenly. In another small bowl, add the butter and Frank’s Red Buffalo sauce together.
- Remove cauliflower from oven. Dip the cauliflower into the buffalo sauce mixture then set out onto serving plate.
- If you like a crispier texture, put the cauliflower back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!